Ref No.CZ:5300/FPRD/FHQ/ABJ/VOL.1/ Date: 22ND FEBRUARY, 2017
COMMANDER OF AFRICOM VISITS IGP
General Thomas D. Waldhauser, the commander of United States Africa Command, AFRICOM today 22/02/2017 paid a courtesy call on the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni.
- The IGP welcomed the U.S delegation and expressed his delight to have them at the Nigeria Police Force Headquarters. He also acquainted his guests with the chains of command, numerical strength and spread of the Nigeria Police Force across the country.
- In his remarks, the Commander, AFRICOM stressed the importance of Nigeria in Africa and pointed out the key roles the Nigeria Police Force has been playing in securing the nation and the continent as well.
- While making his remarks at the visit, General Waldhauser emphasised the need for co-operation and partnership between AFRICOM and the Nigeria Police Force. The AFRICOM Commander also informed the IGP of his interest in the activities of the Nigeria Police Force in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
- In his response, the IGP informed the U.S delegation that the Nigeria Police Force has been working side by side with the Nigerian Military to bring lasting peace to the North-East region. He added that this is evident in the deployment of a large number of Police personnel including the Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD) throughout the North-East and all other parts of the country to check terrorism and insurgency.
- In his final remarks, the IGP thanked the American delegation for their support and assured them of continuous cooperation between Nigeria Police Force and AFRICOM.
CSP JIMOH O MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,