Reviewed by Nwoha Udochukwu
As crime continues to grow, the need for handheld security devices continues to rise. This week, we will be reviewing the different types of security handheld devices for the security needs of your organisation.
Handheld devices are one of the common security devices we see on a daily basis; in banks, business organisations, markets, offices, airports etc. It is mostly used to effectively carry out searches and other screening methods.
We will begin by exploring what to look for in a security wand metal detector. The handheld devices come in various sizes, shapes and quality.
If you want a handheld device that requires searching concealed objects, you will want to consider a device like Garrett THD. This device is used by the police, military and other security agencies. The device is just over an inch in diameter and a bit longer than a pen. The Garret THD will provide the same sensitivity and capabilities of larger units but in a compact package.
- Ultra-sensitive to metal objects
- Powerful 4-inch length, 360◦ detection area
- Bright LED flashlight for low light and night operations
- Silent vibrating with Red LED alarm Indicator
- Optional rechargeable battery kit
- High-impact case with molded rubber grip
Next type of handheld device we will consider is the Garrett Superscanner V and the Garrett Superwand. These devices are perfect for most security application and are built to withstand continuous use in most demanding environments. You have to look out for imitations, remember if you have an incident, you will want to know that you purchased the most advanced and reliable unit available.
- Ultimate sensitivity
- Rugged, high-impact ABS case with reinforced coil compartment
- Large 8” scan surface for quick, thorough scanning
- Sharp audible alarm and bright red LED indicates the detection of nearby ambient metal.
- Three-colour LED indication: Green LED indicates ON; Amber LED indicates LOW BATTERY; Red LED indicates ALARM
Most handheld scanners will have an audio tone alert. You can use the external speaker or plug in a headset to shut off the external speaker.
Keep a date with us for more tips and reviews on the latest security gadgets.